Church Responds to COVID-19 Developments
Through an action of care and love from our leadership, the doors of the church will be closed for a season. This is to adhere to recommendations of social distancing, and more to protect the vulnerable in our midst. It is an act of care rooted in the two greatest commandments: Love God & Love Neighbor as Yourself
Please see Rev. Kenny's video outlining our plan. We will still be the church, even if at a distance.
In the meantime, the best way to stay connected to the church's ministry is to subscribe to our email newsletter, check back to our Facebook Page, and subscribe to our YouTube Channel. We will be uploading worship on Sunday morning, as well as daily content to help and inspire us.
We Welcome All to the Lord's Table
As Christ has Welcomed Us
First Christian Church is a Christian community sojourning together to:
* Welcome with love all people
* Bring healing and hope to the Wheeling area
* Live out compassion and justice in God's world
We accomplish our mission through prayer, worship, Bible reading, service and giving.
As God works through the talents and resources we generously offer, we see a future for our church and our community where:
* Children will be nurtured and have more opportunities to succeed;
* Older adults will enjoy enhanced quality of life, connected with and serving
* Those at all stages of their journey will find a spiritual home at First Christian
* The community of Wheeling will become exemplary, demonstrating what can
happen when churches and community groups work together for the well-being
of all God's people.