“What/Whom are you looking for?” This is a question Jesus asks at 3 major places in John’s gospel. I thought it would be neat to highlight each of the 3 episodes, and invite you to see how that might speak to us this Easter Season.
“What/Whom are you looking for?” are the first words spoken by Jesus in John’s gospel...
We Welcome All to the Lord's Table
As Christ has Welcomed Us
First Christian Church is a Christian community sojourning together to:
* Welcome with love all people
* Bring healing and hope to the Wheeling area
* Live out compassion and justice in God's world
We accomplish our mission through prayer, worship, Bible reading, service and giving.
As God works through the talents and resources we generously offer, we see a future for our church and our community where:
* Children will be nurtured and have more opportunities to succeed;
* Older adults will enjoy enhanced quality of life, connected with and serving
* Those at all stages of their journey will find a spiritual home at First Christian
* The community of Wheeling will become exemplary, demonstrating what can
happen when churches and community groups work together for the well-being
of all God's people.