This Season of Advent is the time the church sets aside to "prepare the way of the Lord." (Mark 1:3). We celebrate the coming of Christ at Christmas. We anticipate the coming of Christ again, to fulfill the justice and peace of the Kingdom of God. We also give thanks and welcome the less dramatic, but no less powerful, coming of Christ into our lives in these days.
Advent is also a beautiful time to make attending worship a priority for you. Advent is a time of beginnings, as it begins the new liturgical year. The sanctuary is adorned with the beauty of greenery and lights. The music is familiar and excellent. The Word that God gives us is a word that prepares us for God to do a new thing in us.
Will you join us for worship during this special season?
Sunday mornings at 10:45a.m.
Christmas Eve Candlelight Service will begin at 7:30p.m.
Christmas Day worship will begin at 11:00a.m.
We Welcome All to the Lord's Table
As Christ has Welcomed Us
First Christian Church is a Christian community sojourning together to:
* Welcome with love all people
* Bring healing and hope to the Wheeling area
* Live out compassion and justice in God's world
We accomplish our mission through prayer, worship, Bible reading, service and giving.
As God works through the talents and resources we generously offer, we see a future for our church and our community where:
* Children will be nurtured and have more opportunities to succeed;
* Older adults will enjoy enhanced quality of life, connected with and serving
* Those at all stages of their journey will find a spiritual home at First Christian
* The community of Wheeling will become exemplary, demonstrating what can
happen when churches and community groups work together for the well-being
of all God's people.